Inspiration: What I Watch
I started a post series not long ago on inspiration. So far I've shared books and music that inspires me. I've found that similar characteristics are found in each of these sources. They are:
- A skippy good story! Well, most of them. Not all of them. :)
- Shrewdness (the good kind). :)
Looking back on my previous posts of what I read and listen to to be inspired, you'll see at least three or four of these elements in those stories. Maybe those characteristics are things I already have and long to have in my life. Let's see if some of my favorite movies and shows fit the bill!
- Anything Jane Austen. Seriously.
- Appropriate/clean Movies about or featuring depictions of authors or classic artistic figures. Such as:
- Becoming Jane
- Miss Potter
- Midnight In Paris
- Finding Neverland
- A Knight's Tale
- Any Period Piece/The Classics. This will take up the majority of my list....here we go!
- Anne Of Green Gables(1980's)
- Works by the Bronte Sisters, Charlotte + Emily
- Memoirs Of A Geisha
- Phantom Of The Opera
- North + South
- Bleak House
- Death Comes To Pemberley
- The Princess Bride
- Tristan And Isolde
- Father Brown
- Downton Abbey
- Mr. Selfridge
- The New World
- The Prestige
- The Illusionist
- Game of Thrones
- The Great Gatsby
- Call The Midwife(Josh rolls his eyes at this one because it's SO girly and boring to him! LOL)
- Gone With The Wind
- The Sound Of Music
So, that's the abridged version. LOL! There is just something about these classics. They are the foundation of all modern creativity and art, so I feel as though I am myself rooted in them.
And then there's the visuals of these movies. I can't explain it but the landscapes take my breath away. I couldn't find an accurate shot of this scene from Death Comes To Pemberley but on the film/digital files, whatever it is, the treatment for the scenes were just breathtaking. The blues and greens.....ah!
Please share your thoughts and comments below! What are your favorite kind of movies and why?